Wednesday 23 December 2015

Festoon


I'm sorry. Extreme tiredness caused by lack of sleep caused by coughing meant that I missed gastronome and irenic. But, as suddenly as it came, my cough has gone (or was it the Broncho Stop pastilles that Neil got me?). I am pleased to come in with WOTD "Festoon", as I am sure that all our houses are suitably festooned.
 


Some go for the gaudy bright look, with flashing lights in the window, inflatable Santa on the roof and 2 wicker reindeers grazing on the patio. Some altogether more refined, like Rebecca's festive flowers. I tend to be more minimalist these days with just a decorated tree. Neil loves Christmas so he tends to get more and more decorations each year. It looks really festive with our festoons.

Which is strange, because tomorrow we go to The George hotel in Rye to enjoy their 3-night Christmas package. I have never done this before, and it looks like a great itinerary, but I am still anxious, hoping it is enjoyable. Our festoons will be all alone

I won't be blogging while I am away, as I haven't figured out how to get my blog page on my tablet, so I'll see you again on 28th December. Have a great Christmas, everyone! I wish you health, happiness and peace for the coming year. I love you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment