Friday 4 December 2015

Spoonerism

I really don't like missing days out of my 'daily' blog, but I couldn't figure out how to use propinquity, and was too tired yesterday for foudroyant. But the WOTD today is spoonerism one of my favourite language tricks, and one that I use a lot. A spoonerism is the transposition of the initial (or other) sounds in a pair of words, to make a different meaning, or sometimes just nonsense. The example given was to change 'a crushing blow' into 'a blushing crow'. 
Here, for example, is a picture of a skoo bligh over Midland Marina



I like the fact that I work, part-time,  as a rental deceptionist (that's quite apposite) and that today it has been roaring with pain

It has been a busy week and I have been bedevilled with a cold. This has left me with such a bad cough that I had to cancel my attendance at a 'scratch' Messiah tonight which is a shame, as I was looking forward to singing this choral classic. Worried for my sister's 18yr old cat Abby, who has been pawly all week. All fingers crossed.

Music from Anathema, and the Prog magazine sampler CD. Or this could all have been a lack of pies!

1 comment: