Monday 9 November 2015

Lassitude

The weather has been surprisingly sunny, although very windy later. Not much chance of lassitude today. This is defined in one sense as 'weariness of body or mind from strain, oppressive climate, etc.; lack of energy, listlessness', and I knew I had lots to do, although it didn't quite turn out how we planned it.

Neil had a servicing call to make in Eastbourne. Eastbourne is mostly choked up with traffic most of the time, and parking in the town centre is notoriously difficult. Neil has to find a parking space, walk to the property agent to get the key, walk back to the car, drive to the property, find somewhere to park, walk (with tool box, papers, etc) to the property, and then do it all in reverse. This doubles the time he needs to spend on the job. However, if I am driving, he can leave the parking to me while he gets on with the work. SFSG
Of course, it doesn't work out like that. Firstly, he manages to get a space very near the agent. He pops in to get the key, only to be told that they don't manage the property any more, and the keys have been returned to the office - in Bexhill!
I ate my lunch at 11am to comfort myself for my lost day out, while Neil did another couple of service calls and we came home.

Of course, then there was a mountain of paperwork and catching-up to do, phone-calls, laundry, tidying and before long it was time for the highlight of my day - collecting Evie & Max from school. I love spending time with them and hope they like having me around. Evie was particularly kind to Max when he got upset about his drawings.

 
Dinner was jacket potato with Tuna, salad, yogurt with banana and seeds. Jacob came and did some more tiling, Neil watched footie. 

I find I have been very busy, often not really giving up until after dinner. So whilst I have experienced lassitude in the past (more usually when I am unhappy) I have had none of it today, and go to bed proud of my achievements 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment